Protecting Your Privacy
The law is changing in May 2018. New General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) comes into play which means that we need to be explicit in how we are using your personal data.
How we will use the information about you?
- With your consent we will use it to; provide you with a quote, process and fulfil your order, manage your account with us, and share any seasonal offers
- We do not share any of your information with third parties at any time outside of our commitments to you
- We promise to keep your data safe and secure
At The Handrail People, we value our customers’ privacy. That is why we want to be completely transparent about why we need the personal information we request and how we will use it.
We are totally committed to protecting your information and using it responsibly. Please read our policy carefully to understand how we collect, use and store your information.
The Handrail People
119c Tarring Road
Alternatively, email us at email@example.com or call us on 01903 204867
YOUR RIGHT TO KNOW:
You have a right to know what information we hold about you, and why we have it. These are some of things you may wish to ask us:
- to ask us what we use the information for
- to be provided with a copy of the information
- to be given details of the purposes for which we use the information
- persons/organisations to whom the information is disclosed
- to ask for incorrect data to be corrected
- How will we use information about you
- We will only use your information where we have a legal basis to do so, and we will always respect your rights.
- Where we use your information, it will be because you have consented to us doing so for a specific purpose such as registering your interest in our products, requesting a quote or placing an order
- How we use your information to fulfil your requests and support you
- To respond to or fulfil any requests, complaints or queries you make to us
- If you contact us directly, we will use the information you give to us to handle your enquiry or request. This may include responding to your query or feedback, or sending you relevant information, such as product information or quotes, or fulfilling our delivery commitments to you
- Sharing your information
- We will never share your information with third party organisations or with anyone else unless we are legally required to do so. Should this situation arise, we will always seek to inform you and request permission
- Where we keep your information
Your information is kept on secure computer systems and in secure manual filing systems. This applies to information kept on staff, customers and account holders, for example when we:
- recruit staff
- manage staff records
- market our products or services
This could include:
- keeping customers’ addresses on file
- recording staff working hours
- giving delivery information to a delivery company
- backing up data
5. How long we keep your information
Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary.
- review the length of time we keep personal data;
- securely delete information that is no longer needed for this purpose or these purposes; and
- update, archive or securely delete information if it goes out of date
- We may update this policy to reflect changes in how we use your information. You may wish to check this policy each time you provide The Handrail People with your information. Where appropriate, we will provide you with notice of any significant changes to how we use your information.